SSpecial Events & Openings:
- Family visiting? Check out "best places to eat" for ideas on where to take them or "movie times" to see the latest releases
- Brunch? Eola Hills Winery, Orupa, Word of Mouth, ACME Cafe, Busick Court, Maven, Delaney Madison Grill, and Orchard Heights Winery are good choices
- Willamette Queen Sternwheeler has a regular schedule and special events
- Regularly scheduled wine tastings/events: Santiam Wine Co & Bistro, Gayle's Italian Market, Barrel & Keg and don't forget Willamette Valley Cheese tasting room
- Or maybe beer is your thing? You're in luck! Salem has a number of local brewers and bottle shops: Vagabond Brewing, SAW Brewing, B2 Taphouse, Gilgamesh Brewing, Growl Movement, 2Sparky's, Santiam Brewing, Seven Brides, Venti's Taphouse, Kraftworks, Coming soon--> Belgian Underground Brewing
- Cooking classes: Lifesource Foods, Lullu's tutto cucina, La Margarita, Kelly's Home Center, Carl's Cuisine-503 363-1612
- Local Bakeries include: Cascade Baking Co., Great Harvest, Pure Decadence, Little Cannoli, Salvador's Bakery, Konditorei, Sugar Sugar, Croissant and Co., Oregon Crepes, Myriad Cakes, Willametta's, BigWig Donuts, Blue Box Bakery, El Ranchero, Rolling Bagels
- Salem Public Market is open EVERY Saturday, 8:30 am - 2pm
- Who doesn't like a good coupon?
- And of course, check out Travel Salem or explore one of our many mid-valley wineries
- Looking for live music? Check out LevelB Theater Pub, Venti's, Browns Towne, Boon's Treasury, Governor's Cup, Half Penny, Christo's Lounge, Union Barrel House, Fireside Lounge @Oregon Garden Resort, Gilgamesh, Roberts Crossing (Thurs), Duffy's Hangar and Night Deposit Whiskey Library
- In the mood for some improv? Capitol City Theater
- Click on the following links for each theatre's calendar: The Elsinore, Historic Grand Theatre, Pentacle Theatre, The Verona Studio, Keizer Homegrown Theater, Salem Playback Theater, Willamette University Theater, WOU Fine Arts
- Salem has 2 independent movie theaters: Northern Lights Theater Pub, Salem Cinema
- A list of Salem's numerous, must see art galleries.
- Take a walk--check out the local walking tours on this local blog and other area hikes here at Every Trail. Also, visit Gaiety Hollow: Lord and Schryver's Garden and Home
- Want to know where to find Salem's parks, children's museum, pools or other places of interest? Click here to see the city's map.
- Friends of Straub LRC --Lectures, hikes, retreats and much more (Click here for website)
- If it's a bike route map you need, click here, for Salem Bicycle Club ride calendar click here or here's a link for area runs.
- Click here for city of Salem's calendar